About this event:
In the UK approximately 8.5 million people have painful joints attributed to Arthritis. With the aging of the population, its prevalence is expected to increase. Many people do not let their arthritis stop them from doing the things they enjoy, and Physiotherapists and Podiatrists can help them by introducing Photobiomodulation (aka Laser Therapy) in their therapeutic regime.
As sole therapy, or combined with other treatment modalities, Laser Therapy can:
– Help reduce inflammation in the joints,
– Relieve pain,
– Prevent or slow down joint damage,
– Improve range of movement and joint mobility,
– Increase muscle performance by combining it with strengthening exercises,
– Boost cellular metabolism in all affected tissues,
-Overall reducing disability and enabling patients to be more active and comfortable.
This webinar will review the published papers, explain when and how to administer the therapy, how to combine it with other treatments, and what to expect.
The webinar is hosted by Antonella Chierchia, Laser Therapy Specialist, lecturer and researcher at Guys’ and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust and in a private Medical Centre.